So for this I am going to walk you through one of the exercises I do with my learners when I am teaching Conditional formatting – particularly using the Highlight Cells Rules options. This is a file with the exercises in it.
Here are the questions
The number of entries you should get is written after each question.
- Highlight/Select the column for Customer Name and choose Duplicate Values from Highlight Cells Rules and apply a format of your choice. (You should just have ONE non-duplicate i.e. Sinead Fahy)
- Highlight/Select the column Order No, find all the orders between 70 and 80 and apply a format of your choice. (11)
- Highlight/Select the column Customer Name, find all the customers with Bikes in their name and apply a format of your choice. Make sure it is different from the format you applied in Q1 (21)
- Highlight the Month column and locate all the Jan entries. (17)
- Highlight the Price column and locate all the bikes with a price greater than or equal to 250 (50)
- Identify all the bikes with the word Speed in their description (28)
- Identify all the bikes where the quantity was less than or equal to 3 (62)
- Identify all the duplicate entries in the Product Code column (You should only have 2 non-duplicates)
You can watch the video of the whole thing here..